- Seasonal Eating
- Plant Based Diets
- Savvy Chefs
- Ethnic Cuisine
- Specialty Diets
- Family Recipes
- Healthy Recipes
- Salads & Dressings
Molten Lava Chocolate Cake
Made with antioxidant-rich dark chocolate, vitamin-packed eggs, honey instead of granulated sugar and not even a hint of flour, this chocolate dessert is the perfect indulgence for a romantic Valentines Day dinner.
You can prepare the cakes ahead of time and store them in the fridge until youre ready to bring them to room temperature approximately 30 minutes before baking. This recipe serves 6, so if there are only 2 of you, the cakes can also be frozen and then thawed to room temperature before baking.
- 6 oz unsweetened Bakers chocolate
- 2/3 cup unsalted Butter
- 2/3 cup honey
- 6 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- Methods / Steps
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- In a heavy pot on low heat, melt the chocolate and the butter.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks and honey until thick and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the egg yolk mixture and beat using an electric mixer for an additional 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the chocolateegg yolk mixture.
- Pour into 6 buttered ramekins.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes until the edges are just cooked, but the center is still liquid.
- Serve warm from the oven.
- Additional Tips
This is a recipe is courtesy ofJenny Lass and Jodi Bager, co-authors of the bestselling Grain-Free Gourmet cookbook series, which helps people with food limitations rediscover the joy of eating.