- Seasonal Eating
- Plant Based Diets
- Savvy Chefs
- Ethnic Cuisine
- Specialty Diets
- Family Recipes
- Healthy Recipes
- Salads & Dressings
Quiche with Cheese
Who says you cannot eat quiche if you are gluten free? This great recipe has plenty of protein from cottage cheese. Good for breakfast or lunch with a salad.
¾ cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
½ cup sun-dried tomato flakes
¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese (sharp or mild)
¾ cup cottage cheese
1 ¼ cups milk
¾ cup onion, chopped
½ cup red & green bell peppers
Salt & pepper to taste
- Methods / Steps
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie pan. Sprinkle the pan with 1 tablespoon of pancake mix and set it aside.
3. In a medium sized mixing bowl toss together the shredded cheese, cottage cheese, onions, peppers and tomatoes.
4. Spoon this mixture into the prepared pie pan.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the baking mix, salt, pepper, milk, and eggs till smooth.
6. Pour the liquid mixture over the filling.
7. Bake the pie in oven for 40 to 45 minutes, until a knife comes out clean.
8. For easiest slicing, let the quiche cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Additional Tips
This recipe is courtesy of Glutino. Their delicious and easy to use products gurantee you and your family are safe from gluten. We are proud to use Glutino products here at Naturally Savvy.