Top 10 Reason to Choose Holistic Pet Care
- Friday, 18 March 2011
Ferndale, WA: We get asked this a lot by customers and friends who call up and in a round about sort of way ask us what are the reasons we are so gung-ho on holistic health care.
I think from my point of view the main reason is my personal backlash against always having allopathic medicine shoved down my throat and being told that there aren’t any side effects to prescription medications when there are, and often doctors don’t know exactly what to expect. I feel natural medicine is an alternative choice, and its my right and I also believe that my body can do a lot to heal itself and we don’t know everything. We just don’t. The universe operates in mysterious ways and what happens is that we don’t give anything a chance. We live in a huge cultural void and a narcissistic impulse buying world that’s all about GIMME, GIMME, GIMME!
Boom so that being said, if I could just jot down the top 10 benefits of choosing natural medicine and holistic health care for pets, here’s what they would be:
1) Better nutrition. A natural diet such as a raw food diet avoids chemicals and additives that are found in commercial pets foods — and they are always in there. Don’t kid yourself.
2) Healthy diet. an apple a day keeps the doctor away. Well the same goes for pets. A good diet supported by proper nutrition prevents disease, gum and tooth decay, all sorts of ailments.
3) Happy surroundings. This is a bit of a stretch, but consistent with the holistic pet care ideas expressed so far, if your home is stressed then your pet will be stressed. A over-arching holistic approach to life and a tranquil and happy home lowers the potential causes of stress, such as loneliness or territorial conflicts, and can be helpful in improving health. Sufficient exercise and grooming are also elements of good holistic pet care.
4) Longer life. Generally natural medicine is a contributor to a longer life.
5) Better quality. Natural medicine provides a higher quality of life.
6) Faster healing. Well in general this true in practice, its not so true. Holistic health care and alternative treatment modalities for pet health conditions often take longer, sometimes up to three months or more. But its healing the way nature intended, which is a good thing. What is very true however is that natural medicine is more bio-available to your pet’s body because what comes from nature goes back into nature more easily and faster.
7) Safety. Pets on natural products are less likely to pick up toxins and pass them along.
Eco-friendly. Natural products breakdown ...