8 Great Reasons Why Dogs and Cats Need Omega-3 Fish Oils!
1. Omega-3 fatty acids are a healthy part of the canine and feline diet.
2. An imbalance in the ratio of omega-3s to omega-6 can result in inflamation.
3. Observed health benefits in canines and felines include heart health, joint mobility and movement, eye health, weight management, brain health, and healthy skin and coat.
4. Typically, a diet of commercial pet food and/or table scraps does not supply adequate quantities of omega-3 fatty acids. In addition, these foods often provide and excess of inflammatory omega-6 fatty acids.
5. Omega-3 fatty acids help decrease inflamation and improve immune response in dogs.
6. Low omega-3 status may contribute to aggressiveness in dogs.
7. For many decades, show dogs in Norway have been given cod liver oil every day to maintain healthy skin and coat. Scientific research has shown that omega-3s help maintain healthy skin and coat in both cats and dogs.
8. Cod liver oil is a valuable source for pet and adds important nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA plus Vitamins A and D.