Naturally Savvy's Exercise Tips For Weight Loss
- Friday, 20 February 2009
When it comes to getting active, it can be challenging and often overwhelming. The participants of The Naturally Savvy Weight Loss Challenge received exercise tips and individual advice from Erin Moore, a Certified Personal Trainer, on how to start and stay active. Watch Part 1 of The Naturally Savvy Weight Loss Video to learn how to get started on your weight loss journey.
Consider the following to get you moving towards better health:
- Make your goals S-M-A-R-T. Make them specific, measurable, attainable, realistic & timely. Be specific with how you are going to get active, track your progress and make sure YOU believe your goal is realistic for you. Create a time-line in terms of how much weight you are looking to lose. For example, 1-2 pounds a week is healthy for weight loss.
- Accumulate your physical activity. Aim to be active everyday.
- What are your barriers? Knowing what your barriers are and how to overcome them will contribute to success. If your excuse is "I don't have enough energy", aim to exercise during the part of the day when you have the most energy. Remind yourself that you will have more energy when you are active everyday.
- Continue to challenge yourself. If you can carry on a conversation, increase the intensity. At the same time, safety first, make sure you not overexerting yourself. And remember to have fun!
- Give your body time to recover in between workouts. For example, if you worked your whole body on Monday, take a day off and work out again on Wednesday. As well, if you work-out daily, alternate muscle groups.
- Work out safely. Hire a personal trainer to design a workout plan for you and ensure safety and fludity of movement.
- Stay hydrated. Keep a water bottle with you during your workout and remember to replenish your body afterwards. Staying hydrated is essential to weight loss and overall health.